Privacy and cookies policy
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of the personal information we collect through this website. This privacy and cookies policy explains how we will treat your personal information.
Please read the policy carefully and contact us if you have any questions. Our contact details can be found at the end of this page.
Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from our email database, or opt out of communications, please contact us using the details below or click on the unsubscribe button in emails you receive from us.
Collection of information about you or third parties
We may collect, store and use the following types of information about you when you use this site:
• information about your access and use of our site, including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths, and the timing, frequency and pattern of service use;
• information that you provide to us when registering on our website or subscribing to email notifications and/or newsletters, including your name and email address;
• information relating to any purchases you make of our products and/or services or any other transactions that you enter into through our website including your name and email address;
• information that you post to our website forum for publication on the internet (including your user name, your profile pictures and the content of your posts);
• information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us or send through our website (including the communication content and metadata associated with the communication);
• questions, queries or feedback that you leave on the site; and
• any other personal information that you choose to send to us.
We may contact you to seek your opinion and feedback via questionnaires, surveys or market research. You do not have to participate if you do not wish to do so.
Corrections: Please let us know if the personal information that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated. You can do this by contacting us by email. We will do our best to promptly correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
Before you disclose to us the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person’s consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy.
Use of personal information
We collect and use the information for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the website. These purposes include:
• to contact and communicate with you;
• to send you email communications you have specifically requested;
• to enable your use of the services available on our website;
• to send you goods purchased on our website;
• to provide you with services purchased on our website;
• to send statements, invoices and payment reminders to you, and collect payments from you;
• for internal record keeping;
• for market research and business development including website development;
• for marketing including direct marketing (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
• to run competitions or offer additional benefits to you;
• to improve the site by monitoring how you use it;
• to respond to any feedback you send us, if you’ve asked us to;
• to send you promotional information about third parties that we think may be of interest to you, if you have asked us to;
• to deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our website;
• to keep our website secure and prevent fraud; and
• for data analytics purposes.
We will not supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of their or any other third party’s direct marketing unless you give us permission to do so.
Retention of personal information
We will not keep the personal information that we process for longer than is necessary, except in the following circumstances:
• to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
• if we believe that the information may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
• in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
Data storage and security
We store your data on our secure servers in the UK.
We are committed to doing our best to ensure that the information you provide is secure.
• Transmitting information over the Internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of the data you transmit to us, or receive from us. By using this website, you acknowledge that this is the case.
• Any data you transmit is at your own risk.
• We take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to try and keep your data secure once we receive it, and to prevent its loss, misuse, modification, unauthorised access and disclosure.
• We will not share your information with any other organisations for marketing, market research or commercial purposes, and we will never pass on your details to other websites.
• All electronic financial transactions entered into through our website will be protected by encryption technology.
• You are responsible for keeping the username and password you use for accessing our website confidential.
Disclosing your information
We may disclose personal information:
• to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
• in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
• in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
• to the purchaser or prospective purchaser of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling;
• to third parties, including employees, agents or subcontractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you, which may include parties located, or that store data, outside of the UK; and
• to third parties to collect and process data including but not limited to Google Analytics, which may include parties that store data outside of the UK.
We will not pass on or sell your personal information to third parties, except for the reasons laid out in this policy.
You can find out what information we hold about you, and ask us not to use any of the information we collect. You can opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes at any time.
If you ask to see the information we hold about you, we will request a fee of GBP 10, and appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
We may refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, to the extent permitted by law.
Links to other websites
Our website includes links to and from, and details of, third party websites.
Following a link to another website
Following a link to www.theinterpretingcoach.com from another website
International data transfers
Personal information that you publish on our website or submit for publication on our website may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
Cookies and web beacons
We may use web beacons on this site. Web beacons or clear .gifs are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the visitors’ behaviour and collect data about the visitors viewing a web page.
We may use Google Analytics and similar software and services to collect and process your data. Information about how Google uses your data is located at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners or any other URL which Google may provide from time to time.
Data protection registration
We are in the process of registering as a data controller with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office.
As soon as we are registered, you will find our data controller number here.
This website is owned and operated by
Sophie Llewellyn Smith (trading as The Interpreting Coach)
The Rainhall Centre
You can contact us using our website contact form or by email.
If you believe that we have breached UK data protection provisions and wish to make a complaint, please contact us by email with details of your complaint. We will investigate promptly and respond to you in writing setting out the outcome of our investigation, what steps we propose to take to remedy the breach and any other action we will take to deal with your complaint.
Last updated on 16.05.2018