1.1 These terms and conditions govern your use of our website. Please read these terms carefully before you use our website. If you have any questions, please contact us using the contact details below.
1.2 If you register with our website, submit any material to our website or use any of our website services, we will ask you to expressly agree to these terms and conditions.
1.5 You warrant to us that you have the legal capacity to enter these terms and conditions and toform a contract, and that you have read and understood these terms and conditions, before using our website.
1.6 If you do not accept these terms or conditions, you must not use our website.
2.1. This document was created using a template from SEQ Legal (http://www.seqlegal.com).
3. Copyright notice
Copyright © 2017 Sophie Llewellyn Smith
3.1 We, together with our licensors, own and control all the copyright and other intellectual property rights in our website and the material on our website. This includes, but is not limited to, the trademark, trade names, software, content, design, images, graphics, appearance, and layout of our website.
3.2 Your use of our website does not grant you a licence to, or act as a right, to use any of the intellectual property displayed on our website without the express written permission of the owner. You must not republish materia on this website online or offline without our permission.
3.3 All the copyright and other intellectual property rights in our website and the material on our website are reserved, and you agree that nothing in these terms constitutes a transfer of any intellectual property rights. You must not breach any copyright or intellectual property rights connected with our website. This includes but is not limited to:
- editing or otherwise modifying any of the code or the material on the site, except as expressly permitted by these terms and conditions;
- causing any of the material on our website to be framed or embedded in another website;
- creating derivative works from the content of the site; or
- using the site for commercial purposes.
4. Limited warranties
4.1 Information: The information (Information), including statements, opinions and documents, contained in our website is for general information purposes only. We do not claim that the information published on our website is complete, accurate, or up to date. The information on our site does not take into account your specific needs, objectives or circumstances, and it is not advice. Any reliance you place on the information is at your own risk. Before acting on any information, we recommend that you consider whether it is appropriate for your circumstances, carry out your own research and seek professional advice, where necessary.
4.2 Site uptime: We are not responsible for any delays or interruptions to our website, which may be due to server issues or to system failure, maintenance, repair, or other issues beyond our control. We will make reasonable efforts to minimise delays and interruptions. We cannot warrant that our website will be available at all times or at any given time. Where possible, we will give our visitors advance warning of planned maintenance, but shall not be obliged to do so. We may at any time and without notice or explanation to you, discontinue or alter our website in whole or in part. We are not responsible for any loss, cost, damage or liability that may result from the discontinuance or alteration of our website, and you will not be entitled to any compensation or other payment in these circumstances.
4.3 Our website is provided to you without warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.
4.4 We do not warrant that the functions contained in any material on our website or your access to our website will be error free, that any defects will be corrected, that our website or the server which stores and transmits material to you are free of viruses or any other harmful components, or that our website will operate on a continuous basis or be available at any time.
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that the information on our website is correct and up to date. However, we do not guarantee, explicitly or implicitly, the correctness, accuracy, suitability, availability or completeness of any materials on our website, including any information, images, products, services, or related graphics. We may make changes to the material on our website at any time and without notice.
4.5 To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations and warranties relating to the subject matter of these terms and conditions, our website and the use of our website.
5. Licence to use website
5.1 We grant you a non-exclusive, royalty-free, revocable, worldwide, non-transferable right and licence to use our website for your personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with these terms and conditions. You must not use our website for any other purpose without our prior written consent.
5.2 You may:
- view pages from our website in a web browser;
- download pages from our website for caching in a web browser;
- print pages from our website; and
- stream audio and video files from our website
provided that you do not modify any content without our consent or republish any content online or offline without our permission.
5.3 You must not use the site for any activities, or post or transmit any material from the site unless you hold all necessary rights, licences and consents to do so. In particular, you must not:
- republish material from our website (including republication on another website);
- sell, rent or sub-license material from our website;
- show any material from our website in public;
- exploit material from our website for a commercial purpose; or
- redistribute material from our website, with the exception of our newsletter which may be redistributed in electronic form.
5.4 You will be able to access the majority of our website without having to register any details with us. However, access to certain areas of our website is restricted to registered members. You must not circumvent, or try to circumvent, any such access restrictions on our website.
6. Acceptable use
6.1 You must not:
- attempt to or tamper with, hinder or modify our site or use our site in a way that might damage it or impair its performance, availability or accessibility;
- use our website in any way that is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful;
- use our website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any disabling features, including but not limited to trojan horses, viruses, spyware, worms, keystroke loggers, rootkits or other malicious computer software;
- use data collected from our website to send unsolicited email messages;
- use our website for any activities that infringe the intellectual property or other rights of any person;
- use our website for any activities that would cause you or us to breach any law, regulation, rule, code or other legal obligation; or
- interfere with or inhibit any user from using our website.
6.2 You must ensure that all the information you supply to us through our website, or in relation to our website, is true, accurate, up to date, complete and non-misleading.
7. Registration and accounts
7.1 You may register for an account with our website by completing and submitting the account registration form on our website.
7.2 You must not allow any other person to use your account to access our website, or use any other person’s account to access our website, unless you have that person’s express permission to do so.
7.3 You must notify us in writing immediately if you become aware of any unauthorised use of your account.
8. User login details
8.1 If you register for an account with our website, you will be able to choose a user ID and password.
8.2 Your user ID must not be liable to mislead and must comply with the content rules set out in Section 11; you must not use your account or user ID for the purposes of impersonating another person.
8.3 You must keep your password confidential and must notify us in writing immediately if you become aware of any disclosure of your password.
8.4 You are responsible for any activity on our website arising out of any failure to keep your password confidential. If any losses arise out of such a failure, you may be held liable.
9. Cancellation and suspension of account
9.1 We may cancel your account and/or edit your account details at any time in our sole discretion without notice or explanation.
9.2 If you would like to cancel your account, please contact us using the contact details below.
10. Your content: licence
10.1 In these terms and conditions, “your content” means all works and materials (including without limitation text, graphics, images, audio material, video material, audio-visual material, scripts, software and files) that you submit to us or our website for storage or publication on, processing by, or transmission via, our website.
10.2 If you choose to add any content to our website, you:
- warrant to us that you have all necessary rights to post the content;
- grant us a perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free, irrevocable, worldwide and transferable right and licence to use that content in any way (including but not limited to, by reproducing, storing, changing, publishing, translating and communicating the content to the public on this website and any successor website) and permit us to authorise any other person to do the same thing; and
- waive all your moral rights in your content to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law
- consent to any act or omission which would otherwise constitute an infringement of your moral rights, and if you add any content in which any third party has moral rights, you must ensure that the third party consents in the same manner.
10.3 You grant to us the right to bring an action for infringement of the rights licensed under Section 10.2.
10.4 If you breach any provision of these terms and conditions in any way, or if we reasonably suspect that you have breached these terms and conditions in any way, we may delete, unpublish or edit any or all of your content.
11. Your content: rules
11.1 Your use of our website implies that if you post any content, it will comply with these terms and conditions.
11.2 Your content must not be illegal or unlawful, must not infringe any person’s legal rights, and must not encourage or constitute conduct that would be deemed a criminal offence, give rise to a civil liability, or otherwise be contrary to the law in the United Kingdom.
11.3 You must not post content :
- that would bring us, or our website, into disrepute;
- that is libellous or maliciously false, or that defames, harasses, threatens, menaces, offends or restricts any person;
- that is or could reasonably be considered to be obscene, inappropriate, defamatory, disparaging, indecent, seditious, offensive, pornographic, lewd, sexually explicit, threatening, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred or criminal activity, discriminatory, inflammatory, menacing, hateful, deceptive, fraudulent, blasphemous, in breach of confidence or rights under data protection legislation, or in breach of privacy;
- that infringes any copyright, moral right, database right, trade mark right, design right or other intellectual property right;
- that is untrue, false, inaccurate or misleading or that constitutes negligent advice or contains any negligent statement;
- that is in contempt of any court, or in breach of any court order, in breach of a contractual obligation owed to any person, in breach of racial or religious hatred or discrimination legislation, or in breach of official secrets legislation;
- that depicts violence in an explicit, graphic or gratuitous manner;
- that consists of or contain any instructions, advice or other information which could, if acted upon, cause illness, injury or death, or any other loss or damage; or
- that constitutes spam.
11.4 We will fully co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requiring us to disclose the identity or other details of any person posting material to this website in breach of Section 11.
12. Limitations and exclusions of liability
12.1 To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all liability for any loss, damage, costs or expense, including loss of or damage to profits, income, revenue, use, production, anticipated savings, business, contracts, commercial opportunities or goodwill suffered by you or any third party, or claims made against you or any third party which result from any use of or access to, or any inability to use or access, our website. This exclusion shall include servicing or repair costs and, without limitation, any other direct, indirect , incidental, special and/or consequential loss, and whether in tort or contract or otherwise in connection with our website.
12.2 We will not be liable to you for any losses arising out of any event or events beyond our reasonable control, or any loss or corruption of any data, database or software.
12.3 To the extent that our website and the information and services on our website are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.
12.4 Nothing in these Terms shall exclude or limit liability for (i) death or personal injury caused by negligence (as defined by the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977); (ii) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or (iii) any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
12.5 To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all representations, guarantees, warranties or terms (whether express or implied) other than those expressly set out in these terms and in the applicable law.
13. Breaches of these terms and conditions
13.1 You may only use our website for lawful purposes and in a manner consistent with the nature and purpose of our website. By using our website, you agree that the exclusions and limitations of liability set out in these terms and conditions are reasonable. If you do not think they are reasonable you must not use our website.
13.2 If you breach these terms and conditions or if we reasonably suspect that you have breached these terms and conditions in any way, we reserve the right to send you one or more formal warnings, temporarily or permanently block you from our website, suspend or delete your account, and/or take legal action against you, whether for breach of contract or otherwise. If we do not act in relation to a breach of these terms and conditions by you, this does not waive our rights to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches of these terms and conditions by you.
13.3 We reserve the right to remove any and all content found to be in breach of intellectual property rights, including without limitation copyright, or which in our opinion is deemed inappropriate and/or illegal.
14.1 The information on our website and the terms and conditions may be amended without notice from time to time at our sole discretion. Your use of our website following any amendments indicates that you accept the amendments.
14.2 The revised terms and conditions shall apply to the use of our website from the date of publication of the revised terms and conditions on the website, and you hereby waive any right you may otherwise have to be notified of, or to consent to, revisions of these terms and conditions. You should check the terms and conditions regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes, and only proceed to use the website if you accept and agree to comply with the new terms and conditions.
15.1 You hereby agree that we may assign, transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with our rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions.
15.2 You may not without our prior written consent assign, transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with any of your rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions.
If any provision of these terms and conditions is found to be unlawful, invalid or unenforceable by a court of law, then the provision will not apply in that jurisdiction and is deemed not to have been included in these terms and conditions in that jurisdiction. This will not affect the remainder of these terms and conditions, which continue in full force and effect.
17. Links to and from other websites and third party information
17.1 Third party information: Our website may contain third party information, including but not limited to user comments, guest articles and advertisements (Third Party Information). We do not control, recommend, endorse, sponsor or approve Third Party Information, including any information, products or services mentioned in Third Party Information. If you choose to rely on Third Party Information, you do so at your own risk.
17.2 Any links to third party websites located on our website are provided for your convenience only. We have not reviewed each third party website and have no responsibility for such third party websites or their content. We do not endorse, recommend or approve third party websites or make representations about them or any material contained in them. If you choose to access a third party website linked to from our website, it is at your own risk.
17.3 If you would like to link to our website, you may only do so on the basis that you link to, but do not replicate, any page on our website, and subject to the following conditions:
- you do not in any way imply that we are endorsing any services or products unless this has been specifically agreed with us;
- you do not misrepresent your relationship with us or present any false information about us;
- you do not link from a website that is not owned by you; and
- your website does not contain content that is offensive, controversial, infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or does not comply in any way with applicable law.
17.4 If you choose to link to our website in breach of Paragraph 16.3 you shall fully indemnify us for any loss or damage suffered as a result of your actions.
18.1 By using our website, you agree to defend and fully indemnify and hold us (and our officers, directors, employees, contractors and agents) harmless from and against all claims, actions, suits, demands, damages, liabilities, costs or expenses (including legal costs and expenses on a full indemnity basis), including in tort, contract or negligence, arising out of or connected to:
- your use of or access to our website;
- any breach by you of these terms and conditions; or
- any wilful, unlawful or negligent act or omission by you.
18.2 This defence and indemnification obligation will survive these terms and conditions and your use of our website. These terms and conditions, and any rights and licences granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by us without restriction.
19. Exclusion of competitors
You are prohibited from using our website, including the Information, in any way that competes with our business. If you breach this term, we will hold you responsible for any loss that we may incur, and hold you accountable for any profits that you may make from non-permitted use. We reserve the right to exclude any person from using our website and Information, in our sole discretion.
These terms and conditions are effective until terminated by us, which we may do at any time and without notice to you. In the event of termination, all restrictions imposed on you by these terms and conditions and by the limitations of liability set out in the terms and conditions will survive.
21. Entire agreement
Subject to Section 12, these terms and conditions, together with our privacy and cookies policy, shall constitute the entire agreement between you and us in relation to your use of our website and shall supersede all previous agreements between you and us in relation to your use of our website.
22. Law and jurisdiction
22.1 These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law.
22.2 Any disputes arising in connection with these terms and conditions shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
22.3 Our website may be accessed throughout England and overseas. We make no representation that our website complies with the laws (including intellectual property laws) of any country outside the United Kingdom. If you access our website from outside the United Kingdom, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for complying with the laws in the place where you access our website.
22.4 In case of any dispute arising out of or relating to these terms and conditions, you agree to try mediation and, before resorting to an external dispute resolution process. Please notify us in writing of any dispute you may have.
23. Our details
This website is owned and operated by Sophie Llewellyn Smith, trading as The Interpreting Coach.
Our principal place of business is at
The Rainhall Centre
You can contact us:
by post, at the address listed above
using our website contact form
by telephone, on 01535 635438
by email, at firstname.lastname@example.org